#InnerCityWineRoute: Tuning the vine the right way this winter
It's never a bad idea to welcome the weekend early - especially with longer days and white wine drinking weather all around us. Here's more proof that Cape Town has something to offer every day of the week!
Although we strongly recommend a weekend wine tour every now and then, city slickers don't have to go far to experience SA's best wine and mingle with the most talented winemakers.
The final in the Tuning the Vine series will take place on Wednesday, 13 June. This revolutionary wine tasting experience, allows you to sample an wide selection of local wine producers, as you connect with new faces and places in the inner city.
TRAVEL PLANNING: Savour 15 years of greatness at the Robertson Wacky Wine Weekend
Expand your wine world by hitting the streets of Cape Town to experience Tuning the Vine’s #InnerCityWineRoute, a unique urban wine experience where the young (and young at heart) satisfy a thirst for wine adventure and education, while exploring the city’s fascinating eateries, bars and galleries.
Get ready to sip on the #InnerCityWineRoute season closer with tastings from the likes of Steenberg, Durbanville Hills, Graham Beck, Louisenhof, Montpellier, Woodstock Gin, Strandveld, Arendsig, Hazendal, Whalehaven, Diemersdal, Rust en Vrede, Pearl Mountain, Franschoek Cellars, Haskell Vineyards, Wildekrans and Usana.
Head to the Cape Town’s CBD final winter wine date from 5.30pm until 8.30pm.
Tune the Vine in 9 easy steps:
1. Tickets: Pre-solds are available from Quicket. They’re cheaper at R170, guarantee entry on the night and you can use fast-track entry points. Alternatively buy tickets (R190) at Ticketing Stations on the night.
2. Collection: Head to a collection point with your ticket to pick up a map, a glass and a wristband, which entitles you to tastings across all venues.
3. Walk. In just three hours you can experience 37 wine producers peppered across 18 inner city venues. You are walking off the calories, so it's “guilt free” tasting!
4. Be curious. Each person pouring is passionate about their wine, so ask questions and fall in love with new wines.
5. Make notes. Keep track of your wine winners on the night for when you want to shop or head out to one of the farms. You’ll be able to order straight from the event via Cybercellar.
6. Find the wine fairies. If you’re lost, they’ll be able to show you around.
7. Snack. Food on the go is on sale at each venue, and it’s a good idea to grab a quick bite to eat between tastings.
8. Post. Share your experience on Twitter or Instagram using #InnerCityWineRoute.
9. Settle down. Tastings close at 20:30 but each #InnerCityWineRoute venue offers delicious supper options with wine from the producers on sale by the glass, so there’s no rush.