WATCH: Open air laser tag in Atlantis and go-kart racing on this insane new cruise ship
An Atlantis-themed laser tag course with augmented reality. The largest race track at sea with a 350-metre track. Kicking it up with Kinky Boots for the first time on the ocean.
Norwegian Cruise Line's newest ship Encore sounds like it might be one of the coolest cruise liners to hit the open seas when it debuts in the Caribbean for the 2019/2020 cruise season. It has so many activities you might just never leave when docking.
This will be the last ship in the cruise company's Breakaway Plus class, preceded by Escape, Joy and Bliss.
"When developing the concept for Norwegian Encore, our goal was to create a ship that warrants an encore, where guests want to repeat feelings of excitement, exhilaration, happiness. We incorporated the best of the Breakaway Plus class ships and improved upon them," says Norwegian in a press statement.
The laser tag arena will be the biggest open-air one at sea, and can be played in day or night. The race track will have ten turns and some of it will be suspended over the ocean.
Another brand new feature is Kinky Boots - the famous six-time Tony-winning musical will be exclusive to Norwegian on the sea.
But if you can't wait to see the blockbuster show, you can catch it now at Fugard in Cape Town.
Here are a few more stats about the Encore:
- It will have 20 decks, three of which will be filled with bars, lounges, restaurants, a casino, shopping venues as well as a quarter-mile oceanfront promenade.
- Guest capacity stands at 3 998, while the ship's crew will be a total of 1 716 people.
- Encore's maximum speed is 23.2 knots.
- The new specialty dining restaurant will be Onda by Scarpetta.
- Guest will be able to party it up in a two-storey beach club with private sundeck.
Some itineraries to check out:
- April 2020: New York to Bermuda
- May 2021: Seattle to Alaska
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.