SAA cancels flights to Hong Kong due to Typhoon Manghkut
The cancelled flights are:
- SA286 15 September 2018 | Johannesburg to Hong Kong
- SA287 16 September 2018 | Hong Kong to Johannesburg
- SA286 16 September | Johannesburg to Hong Kong
- SA287 17 September |Hong Kong to Johannesburg
The airline says assistance will be provided to all ticketed customers holding a South African Airways ticket (only) via any SAA Call Centre, City Travel Office or your own Travel Agent.
Affected customers are also encouraged to make contact with SAA to enable us to provide you with the best assistance regarding changes to your itinerary.
SAA will continue to monitor the weather conditions and will advise customers accordingly.
South African Airways Contact Centre details - click here for their website:
• Johannesburg | +27 (0) 11 978 1111 or 0861 606 606
• For SAA tickets issued on/before 14 September 2018
• Rebook onto another SAA flight for a later date at no extra charge and subject to availability in the same cabin
• Change of cabin will not be permitted
• Change of routing will not be permitted
• This policy is applicable to SAA flights only, issued on SA (083) ticket stock and not on separate tickets of other airlines
• Tickets must be re-issued on/before 20 September 2018
• Travel must commence on/before 25 September 2018• No waiver on cancellation and refund applications
“We apologise for these cancellations, which were caused by circumstances beyond our control. SAA has been working closely with the weather services in Hong Kong, closely monitoring the trajectory of the typhoon and the timing of the potential impact,” says Tlali Tlali SAA Spokesperson.
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.