Skip the mall queues and get your festive shopping on at these KZN Xmas markets
Shake up some Christmas spirit in around the streets of KZN.
'Tis the season for some jolly and some funky market trawling.
Whether you're looking to buy or snack, Christmas markets are the place to do both while also being able to deck yourself out with the best of your worst Christmas sweaters!
Whip out your decor and festive swimsuits for a heated Christmas and grab your family to join you in the fun stocked up around the spicy province.
Whether you're looking for a quick city dash to a market for some hidden gem gifts or wish to make a road trip to the more rugged landscapes of KZN with some festive finds peppered in - the spicy province has delivered.
Weaving your way all the way from Durban to the Drakensberg - you can be sure to find a festive nook to buy some cheeky last minute finds at these markets:
- The Christmas Country Fair - When: 31 October - 1 November | Where: Collisheen Estate, Umhlali, Dolphin Coast, Durban | Cost: R60 - R100 per adult @ Quicket
- I Heart Market - When: 1, 8, 15 and 22 December @ 09:00 - 14:00 | Where: I Heart Market, Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban | Cost: Free Entry
- Shongweni Christmas Extravaganza Market - When: 1, 8, 15 - 17, 22 and 29 December | Where: Shongweni Farmer's & Craft Market, Shongweni Resource Reserve, Durban | Cost: Free Entry
- Christmas Market - When: 2 December @ 11:00 - 15:00 | Where: St Henry's Marist College, Durban | Cost: Free Entry
- Durban SPCA Christmas Night Market - When: 12 December @ 17:00 - 20:30 | Where: SPCA Durban, Springfield Park, Durban | Cost: Free Entry
- The Festive Market KZN - When: 15 - 22 December @ 09:00 - 19:00 daily | Where: Hillcrest High School, Hillcrest, Durban | Cost: Free Entry
- Himeville Fort and Museum Country Fair - When: 15 December @ 09:00 - 12:00 | Where: Himeville Fort and Museum, Himeville, near Drakensberg | Cost: Free Entry - Stall bookings R120
- Wartburg Christmas Market - When: 24 November @ 08:00 - 14:00 | Where: Wartburg Lutheran Church & Orion Wartburg Hotel, Wartburg, Pietermaritzburg | Cost: Entry fee of R20 per vehicle - Public parking available on the Church and Hotel grounds
- Hilton's POSH Market - When: 16 December @ 09:00 - 14:00 | Where: Protea Hotel by Marriott, Hilton, Pietermaritzburg | Cost: Free Entry
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.