WATCH: These 10 lesser known fun facts will make you say 'Amsterdamn!'
Amsterdam is known for its vibrant tulip fields, tranquil rivers and notorious coffee shops, but did you know about these 10 lesser known city facts?
From cat boats to printed out homes - how many of these facts did you know?
10. There's a boat dedicated to cats
9. The houses are narrow due to the old taxing laws
8. The canal water is drinkable
7. There's a 3D printed house
6. The canals are a bike burial pool
5. The city has multiple mayors
4. Culture is everywhere
3. It's a stilted city on wooden poles
2. Every citizen gets a proper funeral
1. Biking is life in the city
Find Your Escape by searching and comparing flight prices here. You can also sign-up for the Traveller24 Weekly Newsletter – Subscribe here. Or download the News24 App here, to receive expertly curated travel ideas and deals directly to your mobile.